Saturday, May 1, 2010

5/1 Kettlebell Training

Workout #4
8 Min OALC @ 20kg (7-8rpm)
Left: 8 / 8 / 5 Right: 8 / 8 / 8 / 8
My plan was to go 8 rpm and slow down to 7 or less if I needed to do so. Unfortunately, the last four or five reps on the left side required so much effort that I switched at 3 minutes to the right hand. I was not getting the first bump so I was having to dip really low to catch the bell. The dojo was very humid so that affected my performance as well.

4 Min Cleans @ 20kg (10rpm)
There are some days when I am happy that CI is my coach. I worked on straightening the knees on the upswing of the clean. Wow, what a difference. The bell swings up vs. out more.

6 Min OAJ @ 16kg (10rpm)
Very short rest period between the cleans and this set. This set went fairly decently.

3 comments:

  1. Nice Job Rachael! You're making awesome progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good effort, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I will hit that 8rpm pace for 8 minutes eventually...someday.

    ReplyDelete