Saturday, May 22, 2010

Mid Michigan Kettlebell Invitational

Time for the MMKI once again. I couldn't help but remember that last year I competed with the 12kg for all three events: OAJ, Snatch and OALC. What a difference a year makes in this sport. This year I competed with the 16kg in one event: OALC. My total reps was 105. I could probably have gone slightly faster, but I was worried about starting out too fast. My goal was to make at least 100 reps which I did. This set qualifies as a Level 1 OALC set for the IKFF and is a competition PR for me.

Mr. Sherman weighed in at just under 78kg. Nice job making weight. He made 172 snatches and around 70 jerks with the 24kg. Unfortunately, he also tore a nice chunk out of his palm during a three minute set snatching the 32kg which occurred at the end of the competition. He snatched it for 50 reps during that time.

Here are his jerk and snatch sets on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFsV2NjT7BQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1NOuPYEopc


3 comments:

  1. Nice Job Rachael! It's kinda fun watching everybody "evolve" year to year in their kettlebell training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome set Rachael! I'm VERY glad I was there to see it. :)

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Bob. Definitely set a PR for myself at that meet. Looking forward to my next competition.

    ReplyDelete