Sunday, May 16, 2010

5/15 Kettlebell Training

Workout #2 revisited
Optional 24kg work. Do as many reps as you can safely.
Skipped the 24kg for today. Will come back to them when I have more confidence in my elbow.

2 X 4 Min OALC @ 20kg (8rpm)
First set: Left 7 / 6 Right 8 / 8
Second set: Left: 7 / 7 Right 8 / 8
On the second set, I really focused on having my left elbow firmly rooted on my hip prior to the jerk. I felt the difference both in terms of the kettlebell’s trajectory and the how much power that I was conveying on the bump. I had considered dropping down to the 16kg for these sets, but decided to use the 20kg as written. Instead, I just used a little slower rpm on the left vs. the right side.

1 X 6 Min Cleans @ 20kg (10rpm)
The set wasn’t hard physically, but I was tired mentally. Good practice, though and elbow did all right.

6 Min OAJ @ 16kg (10rpm) - just for jerk practice
Good set.

My wrists are sore from deconditioning. I need to be more consistent as far as kettlebell workouts. My plan is to finish out my current set of workouts by doing workout #4 on Monday. Feeling good about how the elbow held up today.

2 comments:

  1. All were good sets! You are really starting to get use to the heavier weights. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I need to do more 24kg OAJ, but I think that using the 20kg more is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete