Wednesday, December 9, 2009

12/9 Wednesday Kettlebell Training

Workout #2
2 X 5L/5R OAJ @ 20kg
6 Min OALC @ 16kg (11-12rpm)
I am happy to say that I made 11rpm for the full six minutes. This is a new training PR. Admittedly, I wanted 12rpm on the right hand, but I will take this result. On my right hand, I am still trying to muscle the weight and it is showing up in how I grip the kettlebell during the clean. If I am not careful, I am going to end up blistering that hand.

I am amazed at how many different things there are to work on while doing two simple lifts...clean and then jerk. It seems like I do well in the beginning of a set and then as I tire, I start falling back on old habits. I am reminded of what an old karate teacher once told me. He would pick out one thing that he wanted to work on during a sparring session and concentrate on doing that technique as well as possible.

6 Min OALC @ 12kg (12rpm)
For this set, I decided that I wanted to work on popping my hips faster during the clean. Doing this resulted in the clean coming up at an angle toward the working arm vs. up the center . I may have to film it so that you can see what I mean. I've seen people clean like this, but I want to make sure that I am not developing a bad habit. It did seem to save time.

Rest day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment