Tuesday, December 8, 2009

12/8 Tuesday KB Training

First kettlebell workout since the Atlanta competition. I'm looking forward to settling in for a decent stretch of training before the next competition in January.

Workout #1
8 Min OALC @ 16kg (10rpm)
I finally made 10rpm for 8 minutes with the 16kg. It feels good to have that monkey off my back.

4 Min Cleans @ 20kg (8rpm)
This set was interesting. It has been a while since I did a set of cleans with the 20kg. It felt awkward which is odd considering how many cleans that I have done with the 16kg in the last couple months. Toward the end of the set though, the cleans felt closer to normal.

2 X 8L/8R OAJ @ 20kg
Jerks with the 20kg are not feeling as hard as they did 6 months ago. I practiced breathing out before jerking with both the 16kg and 20kg. It seems to make the jerk feel more solid, more controlled.

No comments:

Post a Comment