Tuesday, December 15, 2009

12/15 Tuesday Kettlebell Training

Workout #2
2 X 6L/6R OAJ @ 20kg
6 Min OALC @ 16kg (11-12rpm)
This set was 11rpm. I aimed for 12rpm and even had it on one or two of the minutes, but it averaged out to 11rpm. On the right side, I focused on good technique all the way to the end even with the fast pace.

6 Min OAJ @ 16kg (10rpm)
I wasn't taking this set as seriously as I should because it was just jerks instead of long cycle. I realized early on in the set that I shouldn't look past this set until I completed it.

My elbow is sore, but I think it is largely attributable to a case of rug burn. While I was working out, I was thinking about the breathing out prior to the up portion of the jerk . I had heard that you should purposely inhale during the up portion of the jerk, but it seemed like an exercise that had limited usefulness IMO. On the other hand, breathing out when returning to rack made a lot of sense. Now, when I combine breathing out just prior to the jerk in order to increase connectedness between elbow and hip, I see more usefulness for that inhale. Of course, things still fall apart when I am breathing hard due to a fast rpm :).

No comments:

Post a Comment