Sunday, June 27, 2010

6/27 Kettlebell Training

Workout #2
3 X 4 Min OALC @ 20kg (10rpm, 9, 8) I want to try to get the speed up.So, if you can maintain 10rpm on the second set do it.
First set: 18 reps left / 18 reps right
Second set: 17 reps left / 17 reps right
Third set: 16 reps left / 16 reps right

Learned something new this weekend. I have been concentrating so much on catching the bell on the second dip that I was pulling out of the initial bump too early. Focused on extending through the initial bump to extract as much power as I could from that movement. The second dip just came naturally after that. I could really tell the difference especially on my left side. I will have to keep working on it, but this is pretty cool.

4 Min Cleans @ 20kg (15rpm)
15rpm but I still am not comfortable with cleaning the 20kg. Maybe it is because it is still heavy for me, but I haven't found a groove that I like. When I don't follow the bell back enough, my left shoulder takes too much abuse. When I follow back more to take the load off my shoulder, it takes too long. This is frustrating.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting info about the second dip and bump. I'll have to watch myself again to see where my form is at.

    So what is the next competition that you're going to be doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Boris, I am still working on it, but it has promise. Not sure yet about the next competition. There are quite a few coming up in the next few months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come out to Toronto this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's on our schedule. We'll see you there.

    ReplyDelete