Tuesday, June 22, 2010

6/20 Kettlebell Training

Workout #4
2 X 8 Min OALC @ 16kg (11, 9rpm)
First set: Lost control of the kettlebell just into the fourth minute of the left hand. Grabbed it with other hand so went ahead and switched. The set ended up being 7 minutes instead of 8 minutes. I didn't quite make the 11rpm for the entire set.

Realized that looking at the mirror even during the jerk portion is messing me up. Maybe it's a mental thing, but I do better if I am not staring at myself in the mirror.

Second set: Made 9rpm over the 8 minute set. Filmed myself from the side which provided some interesting perspective. My right jerk is farther behind my head than my left jerk. My left arm ends up being beside my ear while my right arm ends up behind my head. Another thing that I noticed is that my right clean looks smoother than my left clean. I was pulling the kettlebell forcefully to my body on the left where it seems to smoothly go into position on the right. Coach says (and has said before) that I need to keep my elbow closer to my body. I'll keep working on it.

6 Min Cleans @ 20kg (10rpm) - optional
Skipped due to time and my shoulder still bugging me.

No comments:

Post a Comment