Thursday, April 8, 2010

4/8 Kettlebell Training

Workout #3
6 Min Snatch @ 12kg (15rpm)
Rest 2 Min
6 min OAJ @ 12kg (15rpm)
rest 2 Min
6 Min OALC @ 12kg (10rpm)
Do this a 2nd time if time permits and slow down if needed (Or shorten to 4 min)

Went all the way through one time. Was tired and really not feeling it today, but decided to go ahead and repeat with 4 min sets. Unfortunately, my elbow loudly complained on the snatch set on the second time through so I decided to settle for four sets today.

I noticed a couple differences between the two arms at lockout during the two snatch sets though. On the right, it feels like I start to engage the lockout earlier. The bell seems more controlled and doesn’t seem to jar my arm as much at the final lockout. The bell also seems to maintain contact with my forearm during the process of locking out to a certain extent. It moves on the forearm of course, but I seem to maintain awareness of it. On the left, I don’t notice either of these things. It feels like it, I get to lockout and the bell jars as it falls into place. I lose contact with the forearm too. I think that the final positioning is ok, but it falls into place vs. rolling into it. Maybe I’m overanalyzing, but I want to move past this obstacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment