Thursday, April 8, 2010

4/7 Kettlebell Training

Workout #2
1-2 Sets of 5L/5R OAJ @ 24kg
First set: 5R / 5L Second set: 5L / 5R
Decided to start on my right to build confidence and muscle memory before trying my left this time. It worked. On the second set, I switched back to starting with my left.

3 X 4 Min OALC @ 20kg (8rpm) Rest as needed
Left: 8 / 7 Right: 8 / 8
Left: 8 / 7 Right: 8 / 8
Left: 6 / 6 Right: 8 / 8

I have to admit that I thought my coach was expecting a lot when she asked me to do three sets of six minutes with the 20kg. Luckily, right before I started these sets, I realized that they were four minute sets not six. Never doubted you for a minute coach, lol.

I was pulling too much with my arm when cleaning the kettlebell on the first set. Need to initiate with the legs in order to save my grip and my elbow.

6 Min OALC @ 16kg (10rpm) - This is optional and you can go slower if needed
Did not do this set. I was feeling my elbow after the second of the three sets on the 20kg OALC. Decided to go ahead with the last 20kg set and skip this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment