Monday, December 6, 2010

12/6/2010 Kettlebell Training

Workout 2 12/6
4 Min Push Press @ 12kg (10rpm)
10 Min Snatch @ 8kg (12-14rpm) - I think maybe this would be good just for your confidence
1 X 40L/40R Swings @ 12kg -
Skipped

I decided to perform the 10 minute snatch set early in the week to allow for some recovery time before the competition this weekend. I'm glad that I did and I learned a couple things. I used 14rpm for the snatch set, and my knee started bothering me about 5 1/2 minutes into the set. I switched to lifting with my torso (which I am able to do because the 8kg bell is pretty light for me) to finish the 10 minutes. The push press set was done with little knee involvement and I skipped the swings because the motion even without a weight bothered my knee. After resting for a little while, the pain went away, but now I have a barometer for where my knee is currently. I also learned that I may have to snatch with less knee involvement for the time being. I really do not want to wear my knee brace for kettlebell lifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment