Wednesday, December 29, 2010

12/29/2010 Kettlebell Training

Workout #4 12/29

3 X 6 Min Jerks @ 12kg (10-12rpm) rest 2 min between sets

All three sets were 12rpm. Each set was not that bad, but the cumulative effect of all three made me tired.

8 Min Cleans @ 12kg (12rpm) - changed to 16kg at 8rpm
Hope you don't mind, coach, but I decided to try out the 16kg for this set. Good set overall, but I could tell that this is a heavier kettlebell than I have been working lately.

As a side note, I have been doing a lot of thinking about whether or not to wear my brace during kettlebells. My conclusion, at least for the near future, is to wear the brace for two of the four kettlebell workouts during the week. Those two days will probably be the more jerk intensive workouts. This way, my knee will still receive some conditioning, but it will not have to take the full brunt of four workouts during a given week. Eventually, I will wean myself totally off the thing, but it's a tool that I should not ignore for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment