Saturday, July 10, 2010

7/9 Kettlebell Training

Workout #2
Optional 24kg (5/5 OAJ) 1- 2 sets
5R/5L Hit all five on both hands. Happy with how this went.

6 Min OALC @ 20kg (9rpm)
Left: 9/9 Right: 9/9/7
Decided to go two min on left because my elbow was bugging me. I hit rep 8 on the last min of right hand a second or two after the min was up. Speed was fairly fast. I would have had to slow down if I had finished out the three minutes on the left hand.

6 Min OALC @ 16kg (12rpm first min, 8rpm 2nd minute, 12rpm)
Left: 10/8/10 Right: 11/9/11
The reps went something like what I have posted there. I just didn't have 12rpm in me today. Maybe if I had done this set first, I could have hit it. I like the idea of this set though. I would like to give it a try on another day.

4 Min Cleans @ 20kg (12rpm)
Left: 12/12 Right 12/12
Thought about skipping this set, but decided to see what I could do anyway. Worked on keeping the bell in the "C" of the thumb and index finger on the downswing. I was better at it, but it still needs some work. Took a little skin off my hands between the OALC and cleans today largely due to the humidity. Dry underneath though so not a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment